6.0 Contact Hours ($59.99)
Welcome to Adapting Toyota Principles to Laboratory Workflow!
In this course, you will learn the principles of the Toyota Production System translated as operational, specific and adaptable to create a waste free, continuous flow laboratory. Through the study of these principles, we learn tools, fundamentals of work rules, practical examples and the Lean methodology.
The principles serve as the foundation or blue print to create a structure that will allow continuous improvements in the laboratory from specimen collection to report. By operationalizing and applying each principles to laboratory workflow, we identify laboratory waste considered as non value–add tasks and activities, learn how to eliminate inefficiency and improve the workflow.
The eight operational principles adapted to the laboratory to improve workflow are as follows:
- Several short instructional videos
- 10-question quiz
- Reflection questions-critical thinking
- Assignment: This activity will provide the learner with the skill to identify and eliminate each defect, waste and/or inefficiency within any process by the application of one or more of the above operational principles applicable to a specimen receipt process. The goal is to shrink the overall turn around time of the process
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Discuss a strategy to implement a continuous improvement initiative based the 14 Principles of the Toyota Way
- Apply Lean operational principles applicable to specific laboratory processes
- Identify potential process improvements based on tools and concepts of Lean