6.0 Contact hours ($59.99)
Welcome to Lean 101!
In this this course, we will define the principles, methods and tools of LEAN adaptable to specific laboratory work processes. We will understand how to identify and eliminate the 8 deadly wastes referred to as non-value add activities. Based on the principles and concepts of LEAN, we discuss opportunities for improvement by adapting a strategy to design, redesign or eliminate the problem from occurring. We will learn how to simplify the workflow by removing bottlenecks and inefficient processes that will gain operational efficiency in the workplace.
This course includes:
- Short instructional videos
- Quiz-10 questions
- Reflection questions for critical thinking
- Perform an article review and identify the following:
- Lean concepts tools, principles and strategies used by the author
- Name one non-value add process
- Waste and efficiency discussed within the article
- Discuss a process redesign effort
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- 1. Explain the principles, methodology and tools of LEAN to specific laboratory work processes
- 2. Translate the difference between value-add and non-value-add activities (waste)
- 3. Interpret how to execute a process redesign effort and design a waste-free process