3.0 Contact Hours ($29.99)
Welcome to Value Stream Mapping!
You will learn the concept of designing a simplistic value stream map based on your laboratory process. We will develop a current state map by understanding how to identify the supplier, customer and 5-7 high level steps in between. The learner will identify non-value add and value-add work, bottlenecks and redundant paths within this current state. We will review the completed map with our team and brainstorm opportunities to improve the process by the elimination of non-value add steps or process redesign. The goal of this course is to learn the skill of designing a future state map by implementing process improvements that will ultimately eliminate wasteful steps and design a waste free and efficient process. We will discuss relevant metrics that will be applied to the value stream map in order to accurately measure the activities in the current state in comparison to the redesigned future state. The metrics include: cycle time, takt time, percent efficiency and many others.
In this course, we will learn how to develop each section of a current and future state map in a step by step format. It is helpful if you print out the value stream map template provided with this course and practice each step as we proceed.
This course includes:
- Short instructional videos
- Quiz-10 questions
- Operational quiz-2 questions
- No assignment is required as a part of this course
At the end of this court, you will be able to:
- Summarize wasteful activities in a current state map
- Estimate the origin of non-value add activities within laboratory workflow
- Describe redesign ideas for a future state map that contain only value add processes. No wasteful handoffs.